Our return policy designed to ensure minimal hassle to you, should something out of the ordinary occur during the purchase process!
Note: Any images you can provide us are much appreciated and can help speed up the returns process!
Steps to follow:
- Must lodge an enquiry via email/phone within 5 days of receiving your order
- We’ll book pick-up on your behalf and will send you labels to print out.
- Rug will be collected on your decided date.
- Refund/replacement will be processed once inspected.
Damaged in transit
Unfortunately, items are occasionally damaged in transit.
DOA (Damaged on arrival) –
Please refuse that shipment and let us know what has happened. You can then choose to either receive a full refund, or we can have another rug shipped out to you. Replacement rug will start its journey on the same day you notify us, in this case only!
After accepting the rug, you realised it’s been damaged –
We’re still happy to accept this return, no problem at all. Please take photos clearly showing the damage and contact us as soon as possible, within 3 business days of receiving your delivery and please also check ‘Steps to follow’ in this case.
You’re still able to choose those two options of a full refund or having the rug replaced.
Change of mind (no issue at all)
We want you to feel confident when buying on TheRugs.com.au. Should you change your mind about a purchase you have made with us, you have the option of returning the item within 5 days of having received it and can opt for a store credit or a full refund, No Questions Asked! You will be responsible for all shipping charges to facilitate change of mind return.
Return Eligibility -
- Must contact us within 5 days of receiving your order.
- We require the returned product(s) to be unused and in the original packaging. Any items that are not returned to us in the original packaging and/or in original condition will incur an additional handling fee (deducted from your refund). This also includes not packing the item up sufficiently to avoid damage in transit back to us. Please use the packing material the item was sent with or contact us to get more advice on this!
Items returned must be in 'as-new' condition. This means you have not used, assembled, damaged or washed any of the items. Please also note that 'The Rugs' accepts no responsibility for incorrectly packaged rug returns and will be unable to process refunds for rugs damaged in transit due to incorrect packaging methods. If this does occur, we shall send the rug back to you plus shipping costs to your destination if you wish to do so and 20% restocking fee will be applied for the value of the item.
We shall charge a 20% restocking fee for the value of the item, for all change of mind returns.
On an average, return shipping cost will be $39.95 but these charges can vary depending on cubic weight of rug/s and pickup address. Please contact us to check return charges!
Moving forward, please must check 'Steps to follow', which you can find on the top of this page!
Our apology, we may accidentally ship the wrong item to you. If you have received an incorrect item, let us know as soon as you can, ideally within 3 business days of receiving your delivery. We will offer to send you the correct item and arrange for the pickup and return of the incorrectly shipped item at no cost to you.
Note: Any images you can provide us are much appreciated and can help
speed up the returns process.
Measurements may vary by 2-3%. Returning a rug due to such size variance is classified as a change of mind return and our terms & conditions apply. A change of mind return after purchase is only valid within 5 days receipt of your shipment.
Fading & Wear
All rugs are susceptible to fading/wear from foot traffic, use, sunlight & cleaning. Returning a rug due to fading/wear outside of our 5 days of return policy is not possible as this is a natural tendency for a rug.
We recommend rotating a rug every three months. Advice from manufacturers is that shoes should not be worn on a rug.
Shedding, Sprouts & Creases
The following common characteristics are not considered defects.
- Shedding: Shedding is a natural characteristic of natural fibre rugs.
- Sprouts: Sprouts are a natural characteristic of a rug.
- Creases: Creases are a result of packaging & not a structural manufacturing fault. Creases will flatten in time.
If you would like to exchange your item for a different design or size please follow our normal returns procedure above, but just mention in your email to us that you wish to arrange an exchange. Please note that exchange will be considered as 'Change of mind' and you will be responsible for all shipping charges to facilitate exchange. Once we receive your item back we will then contact you to arrange the exchange and dispatch of your new item.
Cancellation and Return Exceptions
- Order cancellation does NOT apply to products that are made to your specifications. This includes floor coverings, which have been cut from a roll to your specific order size.
- Please also note if product has been prepared for you, we may consider cancellation if we are able to deduct a proportion of the purchase price from the refund we issue to you to cover the losses we will incur in selling your purchase as a reduced price. We will advise you of any such charge and you may then decide whether or not you wish to cancel the order.
- When your goods have been delivered you have a reasonable opportunity to make sure that they are the goods you ordered. If not, you should not cut into, fit or use them (other than to check whether or not they are the right goods). You should retain the packaging so that this can be reused, if possible, for their return. You will be responsible for the condition of the goods and for their reasonable care whilst they are in your possession. Please contact us within 5 working days of delivery.
Returns can also be dropped off within our Sydney warehouse. Being in warehouse environment, please consider that exchanges are not possible. We also need to have our warehouse staff inspect the rug prior to refund/replacement.
Please also note that The Rugs accepts no responsibility of drop-off and will be unable to process refunds, if -
- Rug got dirt marks/damaged due to incorrect packaging methods.
- No paperwork was attached while dropping and get lost in warehouse environment.
If this does occur, handling and restocking fee may apply up to 20% of the value of the item or unfortunately no refund!
When returning or cancelling your order, the way you originally paid for the purchase will determine how you are refunded. If you paid by credit or debit card, we’ll refund the same card originally used to place and pay for the order.
Refunds can take up to 14 days to process.